JOHANNESBURG, August 23 – Gauteng member of the executive council (MEC) for public transport and roads infrastructure Jacob Mamabolo on Friday expressed his shock over the horrific multiple vehicle crash which claimed four lives and left 15 others injured.
On Thursday morning two minibus taxis, a bus, a van, and three other light motor vehicles were involved in the collision along the M1 North near the Xavier off-ramp.
Speaking on the side-lines of the memorial service to remember the 10 people who died at another tragic N1 taxi crash last week, Mamabolo said that one death is one too many.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of the deceased during this time of grief and we wish a speedy recovery to the injured. We would like to once again urge drivers to always exercise caution on the roads,” said Mamabolo.
The MEC added that too many lives are lost on South Africa’s roads and the carnage needs to stop.
“Drivers are encouraged to exercise patience, care and obey all rules of the road to put a stop to these accidents and resultant deaths,” said Mamabolo.
– African News Agency (ANA)